15. B. Arnold, B. Lahner, J. DaCosta, C. Weisman, J.D. Hollister, D. Salt, K. Bomblies, L. Yant. 2016. Borrowed alleles and convergence in serpentine adaptation. PNAS. 113(29): 8320-8325. Link
14. Hollister, J.D., S. Greiner, W. Wang, J. Wang, Y. Zhang, G. Wong, S. Wright, M. T. J. Johnson. 2014. Recurrent loss of sex is associated with accumulation of deleterious mutations in Oenothera. Mol. Biol. Evol. In Press. Link Press.
13. Hollister, J.D. 2015. Polyploidy: adaptation to the genomic environment. New Phytologist. 205: 1034-1039. Link.
12. Hough, J., J.D.Hollister, W. Wang, S.C.H. Barrett, and S.I Wright. 2014. Genetic degeneration of old and young Y chromosomes in the flowering plant Rumex hastatulus. PNAS. 111(21): 7713-7718. Link. Press.
11. Hollister, J.D. 2014. Genomic variation in Arabidopsis: tools and insights from next generation sequencing. Chromosome Research. 1-13. Link.
10. Yant, L. *, J.D.Hollister*, K. Wright, B. Arnold, J. Higgins, F. C. Franklin, and K. Bomblies. Meiotic adaptation to a genome-doubled state in Arabidopsis arenosa. Curr. Biol. 23(21): R961-63. *Co-first Authors. Link. Dispatch. Editors choice.
9. Hollister, J.D., B. Arnold, E. Svedin, K. Xue, B. Dilkes, and K. Bomblies. 2012. Genetic adaptation associated with genome doubling in autotetraploid Arabidopsis arenosa. PLoS Genet. 8(12), e1003093. Link.
8. B.C. Hunter, J. D. Hollister, and K. Bomblies. 2012. Epigenetic inheritance: what news for evolution? Curr. Biol. 22(2): R54-55. Link.
7. Hollister, J.D., L. Smith, Y. Guo, F. Ott, D. Weigel, and B. Gaut. 2011. Transposable elements and small RNA contribute to gene expression divergence between Arabidopsis thaliana and Arabidopsis lyrata. PNAS. 108(6): 2322-2327. Link.
6. Hollister, J.D. (12th author), and 29 Coauthors. 2011. The Arabidopsis lyrata genome sequence and the basis of rapid genome size change. Nature Genet. 43, 476-481. Link.
5. Tenaillon, M., Hollister, J.D., and Gaut, B.S. 2010. A triptych of the evolution of plant transposable elements. Trends Plant Sci.15(8):471-8. Link.
4. Hollister, J.D., J. Ross-Ibarra and B. Gaut. 2010. Indel-associated mutation rate varies with mating system in flowering plants. Mol. Biol. Evol. 27: 409-416. Link.
3. Bomblies, K., L. Yant , R. Laitinen, S.Kim, J. D. Hollister, N. Warthmann, J. Fitz and D. Weigel. 2010. Local-scale patterns of genetic variability, outcrossing, and spatial structure in natural stands of Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS Genet. 6(3): e1000890. Link.
2. Hollister, J.D. and B.S. Gaut. 2009. Epigenetic silencing of transposable elements: a trade-off between reduced transposition and deleterious effects on neighboring gene expression. Genome Res. 19: 1419-1428. Cited in Faculty of 1000. Link.
1. Hollister, J.D and B.S. Gaut. 2007. Population and evolutionary dynamics of Helitron transposable elements in Arabidopsis thaliana. Mol. Biol. Evol. 24(11): 2515-2524. Link.